[kwlug-help] Looking for a computer book store.

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Tue Jun 15 16:05:20 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 09:21:22PM -0600, Zorik Koriz wrote:

> Where is a good computer book store in KW or area?  The book store near me said it can
>  take three to five weeks to get the book I want, which is longer than I want to
>  wait.  I guess I could order it from Amazon but I hate giving out my
> credit card number on line.  The book I'm looking for is not likely to be found on the shelf in most book stores.  I need a store that has a lot of computer books.

I tend to start marching through the yellow pages, calling each store
until I find the one I like, or until I realize that Amazon maybe isn't
quite so bad after all. :-)

It might depend on how old or new the book is, that you're looking for.
If it is old enough, you might check the local library, and check with
the KWLUG library as well.  Maybe one of the LUG folks have a copy that
you could borrow while you wait for the special order to come through.

But anything new, you're probably stuck with Chapters or Amazon.

- Chris