[kwlug-help] fwd: X Windows tools

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Jun 1 16:43:43 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 10:29:26AM -0400, kwlug-help-bounces at kwlug.org wrote:

This is from John, who did not realize that you need to subscribe to
the list before posting. (Maybe we should change that policy?)

> This is a question for the X Windows experts out there. There have
> been times I've had odd things happen with windows, I swear there is
>  an invisible window sometimes when I use Lotus Notes.
>

> What tools are available for listing windows, or showing the
> information for under a window? How can I explore the window list
> and properties?

xwininfo will give you information about specific windows.
xdpyinfo will give you information about the display.

> P.S. Are there enough people on this list so far?

Not yet! We have a paucity of new users willing to ask questions. This
could be our Achilles' heel.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org