[kwlug-disc] Snappy judgements, snappy issues, flat shadows

Doug Moen doug at moens.org
Sat May 18 21:19:09 EDT 2024

Charles, if you can't move to Ubuntu 24.04, have you considered Mint?

The Mint app store is "Software Manager", aka mintinstall, and it seems perfectly fine. There's a search bar, a list of app categories, app listings have a 1-5 star rating, a good description, a screenshot (even for fonts, cli commands, etc), and reviews. It installs software either from 'apt', or from flathub. No snaps.