[kwlug-disc] Have you played with locally installable and usable AI -> give a talk

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Mar 30 23:46:44 EDT 2024

Another message that got rejected, but shouldn't have?

----- Forwarded message from Alex Korobkin <korobkin at gmail.com> -----

Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 22:57:29 -0400
From: Alex Korobkin <korobkin at gmail.com>
To: KWLUG discussion <kwlug-disc at kwlug.org>
Subject: Re: [kwlug-disc] Have you played with locally installable and usable
 AI -> give a talk

I didn't do anything beyond this single article, but the idea is neat: you
download a single 4Gb file, make it executable and run it against images or
text to generate your AI output, entirely locally.

In this article they explain how to use it to rename photos in accordance
with photos content.

https://hackaday.com/2023/12/29/using-local-ai-on-the-command-line-to-rename-images-and-more/

On Sat, Mar 30, 2024 at 5:39 PM Mikalai Birukou <mb at 3nsoft.com> wrote:

> Probably will at some point.  I entered this contest, and I'm waiting to
> hear back if I'm getting cloud access or hardware:
>
> https://www.hackster.io/contests/amd2023#challengeNav
>
> This is my proposal:
> https://www.hackster.io/contests/amd2023/hardware_applications/16336
>
> Contest is still open if you want to participate, but the hardware
> requests are finished.
>
> You can download most of the Open Source models here:
> https://huggingface.co/models
>
> Good article on how to get started:
> https://www.philschmid.de/fine-tune-llms-in-2024-with-trl
>
> The following heading in this llm fine tuning page makes me laugh and cry
> simultaneously, `with(xz)`:
>
> """
>
>     2. Setup development environment
>
> """
>
> I am listening to podcast
>> https://oxide.computer/podcasts/oxide-and-friends/1692510 about Large
>> Language Models, and idea comes up, if anyone of you have tried any
>> locally usable LLM's, have trained it, tinkered with it, just make a
>> "let me show" kind of talk. Seriously.

Alex.