[kwlug-disc] Can one list all onion serves, like one can list all DNS domains?

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Tue Jul 16 18:52:30 EDT 2024

Can one list all onion services, like one can list all DNS domains?

I am comparing naming systems, and if it isn't possible to list all
onion services, like it is possible to list all of stuff in DNS,
starting with root node, then the wild has two kinds of naming systems:
enumerable by outsiders and not.

I have an impression that inability of enumeration of keys in DHT
(Distributed Hash Table) was one of the goals. But I can't find precise
source for or against this. So, it is possible to list all onion services?