[kwlug-disc] Hybrid meeting feedback thread

Steve Izma sizma at golden.net
Tue Sep 12 10:21:18 EDT 2023

On Tue, Sep 12, 2023 at 09:18:51AM -0400, Paul Nijjar via kwlug-disc wrote:
> Subject: [kwlug-disc] Hybrid meeting feedback thread
>
> People who did not attend (understanding that not everybody wants to
> attend every meeting):
> - Were there any factors dissuading you from attending either online
>   or in person? If so, what were they?
> - What would need to change in order for you to reconsider attending
>   meetings?
> - Would you have a preference for online vs in person?

I couldn't attend last night because of another engagement. I
prefer in-person meetings, as long as the environment is not
noisy. I have hearing problems when there's background noise,
even with hearing aids, and, for example, I had a lot of
difficulty when the meetings were held amidst the refrigeration
devices at St. John's Kitchen.

I also prefer locations that I can get to by either bike or
public transit. U of Waterloo is fine, also the Kitchener or
Waterloo downtowns.

> All people:
> - Should we consider other in-person options? We have the Garment St
>   option if we want it. There could be others as well (but I hope not
>   Sportsworld).

I like Doug's idea of diversity of locations, within the limits
of practicality. I suggest we stay open to other possibilities.

	-- Steve

--
Steve Izma
-

==
The most erroneous stories are those we think we know best – and
therefore never scrutinize or question.
    -- Stephen Jay Gould, *Full House: The Spread of Excellence
       from Plato to Darwin*, 1996