[kwlug-disc] Proposal: Hold Sept meeting at UW

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Sep 5 08:56:48 EDT 2023

I am thinking we hold the Sept meeting at UW, in the Dana Porter
Librar lab: https://kwlug.org/node/1340 . We will simultaneously run
the meeting via BigBlueButton.

If we like the space we can stay. If we want to try the other space we
can decide to do so on the mailing list afterwards.

Having attended hybrid meetings before, my goal would be to maintain
the online experience as a first-class citizen, in the sense that it
will be no worse than past online meetings have been. I think this is
doable. It is important to me that if we choose to meet in person
people can also choose to participate online (partially because we
have developed a small audience that is distant, and partially because
I am still COVID-anxious and want to make sure people hae a safe
alternative to participate in meetings if they so choose.)

I would love to enforce a masking mandate but I am guessing that will
not fly. I will have blue surgical-style masks on hand for those who
want them, and everybody will be welcome to mask. (I am considering
bringing better masks, but I have not decided this yet.) I will ask that
anybody who is feeling ill stay home and participate online.

That is the proposal. I would like to finalize our plans by Wednesday
evening. If you have comments (one way or the other) please send them
by Wednesday at 6pm.

- Paul

--
Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org