[kwlug-disc] .deb packages in Ubuntu 23.10

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Oct 17 20:27:42 EDT 2023

On Tue, Oct 17, 2023, 19:57 Chris Frey <cdfrey at foursquare.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 17, 2023 at 07:01:24PM -0400, CrankyOldBugger wrote:
> > First Systemd made me learn all new commands, then Wayland

took away my VNC
> > connections, and now Snaps is making it harder than ever to install stuff
> > from the internet.  What's next?
>
> I learned some systemd, haven't even tried Wayland yet, and whenever
> possible uninstall the snapd package and set it to Hold.

Same here.

Never needed Wayland. Xfce does everything I need.
Also, I uninstall all snap packages then uninstall snapd myself.
Occasionally, I struggle with systemd, but not often ...

> Let's go back to Debian sanity.

Totally agree ...
We are regressing by changing from well proven methodologies to things
that appear good because they are new, but really arent.