[kwlug-disc] Need a new SSD ...

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 17:56:44 EDT 2023

There was a time(a mere 2-3 years ago) when "MLC" meant 2-bits/cell such as
the Samsung 860 Pro 2.5" SSDs and TLC = Triple-bits/cell.

Today, Samsung is marketing their 980 Pro SSD "MLC" drive as an NVMe
heir-apparent to the 860 Pro 2.5" despite the fact their 980 Pro "MLC"
drive is really a TLC as far as I can tell.

I know of no 2-bits/cell drives available in the consumer market today,
perhaps in the service space, but not in the consumer space.

Sigh, marketing grads are everywhere...

Ron S.