[kwlug-disc] Need a new SSD ...

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 18:37:44 EDT 2023

Agreed, stay the hell away from QVO/QVC, 4-bits/cell is asking too much,
Even for low write-cycles backup arrays, I get nervous about QLC.
TLC(triple-bit) is where it's at with drives that have a decent amount of
reserve cells.
My personal preference are the MLC(2-bits/cell) but those are hard to come
by now and pretty spendy.

Since Khalid is zeroing in on a 500G device, he likely will not be wading
though the QLC stuff out there.

Ron S.