[kwlug-disc] Ducky vs Google and Bing

Doug Moen doug at moens.org
Sat Jan 7 08:08:54 EST 2023

Does ChatGPT work as a search engine, in terms of finding a web site or URL of interest?

Or are we talking about its ability to hallucinate answers to questions? I'm skeptical about trusting the results of the latter, since there is no way to associate the results with a person or a reputation. I've seen demonstrations where it gives obviously wrong answers, and when challenged, gives wrong justifications that seem persuasive and eloquent.