[kwlug-disc] RIP McCabe's

kwlug at c.nixc.us kwlug at c.nixc.us
Sun Dec 24 21:54:14 EST 2023

On 2023-12-18 08:47, Sean D - thornlord at gmail.com wrote:
> Well worth the wait.
>
> Fantastic. Bravo.
>
> :-D
>
> 110.  Labour to keep alive in your breast that little celestial fire
> called conscience.
> --George Washington
>
> On Sun, Dec 17, 2023 at 9:46 PM CrankyOldBugger
> <crankyoldbugger at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Jason's been waiting to tell that joke for years...
>>
>> On Sun, 17 Dec 2023 at 21:37, Jason Eckert <jason.eckert at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> McDonalds may not be the best choice for a Linux-focused group
>> because they run macOS instead of Linux (they have a lot of big Mac
>> servers in the back ;-).
>>
>> On Sun, 17 Dec 2023 at 21:33, Chris Frey <cdfrey at foursquare.net>
>> wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 17, 2023 at 12:58:26PM -0500, Paul Nijjar via kwlug-disc
>> wrote:
>>> Welp, it looks like we did it again?
>>>
>>> - Zeke's.
>>> - That place at the Tannery
>>> - Donburi House
>>> - Now McCabe's
>>
>> Maybe try McDonalds next time. :-)
>>
>> - Chris

My heart breaks for McCabes honestly there is almost no real Kitchener
culture anymore it's all had a hard reset there isn't even a "Mac"
Donalds(lol) anymore in Dtk we used to have I guess technically several.
  or at least the A&W I think that used to exist where the market square
is.  It's super disheartening to know that if I want to go out with my
sweetie late at night the choices are all places that are going to cost
at least $50 or more for dinner or are very likely to be closed after 9
p.m. It is very sad to see the state of our culture and country here.
--
In the interest of time, I've kept this brief. Thank you for
understanding. I hope you have a great day.

Best regards,
Colin