[kwlug-disc] Logseq talk.

Bob B bob at sosc.ca
Wed Dec 20 00:18:27 EST 2023

Hey gang,

Not sure if Colin is on the ML or not, but if you are, I caught the tail
end of your presentation this month and then finally made it through the
whole recording tonight.

I was using Obsidian but it was just a little too unstructured for me. I
saw the "Journals" concept in Logseq during your talk and I realized
that was what I was missing in Obsidian. Consequently, the last two
weeks or so have been diving into the Logseq rabbit hole.

I noticed at the end of your talk you mentioned putting up your list of
plugins. I don't remember seeing them in the video so I am wondering if
you can post them here?

FWIW, I installed the Bullet Threading and the Journals Calendar
plugins. The calendar one lets me drop TODO's into future days. By
adding a query at the top of the TODO page, I see only the todos up to
today. This lets me future date reminders and have them appear only when
they become relevant. (I think somebody asked about that in the talk).

Anyway, thanks for that talk. This has been a fun ride and I am hoping
that this tool can finally bring some order into my mental chaos.
Obsidian was good, but it seemed more like just a wiki for storing and
cross referencing information... it never really had a sequence to it
unless I dropped timestamps into pages all over the place. Logseq seems
way more intuitive with my mental model of how information should get
captured.

Thanks again!
Bob.