[kwlug-disc] fire damage to electronic equipment

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Dec 13 14:09:21 EST 2023

On Wed, Dec 13, 2023 at 12:38 PM Ron Singh <ronsingh149 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh man, so sorry to hear of this, Steve, glad you and your kin are unscathed.

I can't imagine how disruptive an event like that.
It is good that you and your family are unhurt ...

> Similar thing happened a month ago at a brother's inlaw's house in Westvale --
> Khalid, the the house is just around the corner from your place!

Yes, that was a scary fire.
We share a corner in fencing with that house.
The fire was on the other side, and started in the garage, but it did make it to
the roof and the fire people came to the back of the house and were spraying
through the soffits on the 2nd floor (with the water from the hoses blasting
away the soffits.

Here is how the fire looked from the corner of the street

https://imgur.com/nfWfj5O.png

And here is how the car that was in the garage looked (not an electric car
by the way)

https://imgur.com/ZimDlDk.png

So again, I really can't imagine what Stever and our neighbours are going
through.

Steve, I have one or two laptop power supplies that you can have, depending
on the make/model. Reach out off list with details if you still need them.