[kwlug-disc] Lots of tech stuff to give away

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 16:41:05 EST 2023

Hi Madison,

Small items the project generally hangs on to. Just the other day we
had someone ask for a server CPU (they'd bought a system elsewhere
with one processor and were trying to do a dual-processor setup).
Luckily, someone else donated the exact processor the person was
looking for, so we were able to help them. Paul is correct in that our
focus is "general" computer users, but we do have people coming in
from local businesses looking for items as well. SAS drives are a bit
tricky in that it takes us longer to wipe them as we have so many
other drives to wipe and limited SAS equipment, so we're asking
businesses to wipe their SAS drives. We too would prefer to see items
get reused, but any recycling we send does support the
(not-for-profit) project. The trickiest part is our limited public
hours (Tues 10am until noon and Wed 1pm to 4pm). It's possible to
donate outside these hours (M-F 9am to 4pm) by arranging a time (we're
sometimes off at other Working Centre locations, working on other IT
projects, or offsite for pickups) via email: cr at theworkingcentre.org.

We're glad to see things reused, so if club members can spread items
out, and then bring anything they don't want to CR we're happy to
reuse what we can.

Regards,

Charles