[kwlug-disc] OT: Computer Museum - Thursday August 10th is Hardware Day!

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Aug 11 09:05:12 EDT 2023

On Fri, Aug 11, 2023 at 8:46 AM Paul Nijjar via kwlug-disc <
kwlug-disc at kwlug.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 06:06:03PM -0400, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 7, 2023 at 12:54 AM Paul Nijjar via kwlug-disc <
> > >
> > > We might be able to accommodate others who wish to bring in something
> > > work on.  Contact us if you're interested in doing that.
> > >
> > > If anyone has an old TV (preferably small!) with an RF connector that
> > > would be helpful (for the Pong game)
> > >

> > Thanks for that.
> >
> > The visit was worth it, and it brought back a lot of memories ...
>
> Did you collectively fix anything? What was the turnout like?

I went there as a spectator. Some of the computers I have used when
I started this whole career journey, and others that I heard about, or
were influential in other ways.

For example there was a PDP 11/40, which is close to the computer that
UNIX was created on, and Linux is a free clone of UNIX, and now my phone
and this laptop that I am using now run Linux ...

There were others working on stuff, and several computers were running
a BASIC prompt.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin