[kwlug-disc] Most environmental way to dispose of Computer Equipment in the Waterloo Region?

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 13:37:37 EDT 2023

Thanks CrankyOldBugger. I think the store Jason is thinking of is Eco
Tech Recycling: https://eco-techrecycling.com/

CR still accepts ewaste, but our drop in hours are limited (Tues
10am-noon, Wednesday 1pm-4pm). We're open for donations either by
appointment, or if you only have a few small items (laptop, router)
via the front desk of The Working Centre at 58 Queen Street. (This
Wednesday the project will be closed as we have a few people away).

If it's computer-related we take it (speakers, cables, desktops,
laptops), though our main focus is refurbishing computers with Xubuntu
Linux (we stopped buying licenses of Windows a few years ago to focus
on moving people to FLOSS).

I also noticed on my LRT ride that there's a place up further on
Charles Street (before Tim Hortons) that has an electronics bin
(though I cannot say what they do with drives). The same with
Courtland Avenue, I noticed an Electronics bin close to Egg Roll King
on Courtland. Again, I'd wipe my drives first to make sure no data is
left.

Charles