[kwlug-disc] folder encryption

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 14:05:55 EDT 2022

I've been using VeraCrypt to secure/hide sensitive data since it was known
as TrueCrypt.  Lately I've found it unreliable (seizes up, loses
connections, file corruption, etc.)  I've tried uninstall/reinstall and
recreating the encrypted file, but it's still unreliable.

It might be the underlying NAS that's causing the problems but I don't have
a lot of options for moving these files elsewhere.

So..  what do you guys recommend for natively (i.e. inside Ubuntu) for
creating a folder then encrypting all the contents?  Is this a doable thing
without major headaches?

Thanks,
Jeff