[kwlug-disc] Firefox 106 "View" tab?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Oct 14 18:16:20 EDT 2022

On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 4:11 PM Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:

> A tab left open for a short while (a couple of minutes?), and does not
> have the current focus, will be greyed out as it is unloaded by Firefox,
> and there is a grey circle on it.
>
> Prior to 106, I used the Auto Tab Discard extension to configure this
> behaviour.
> Now, that extension is useless because tabs are unloaded faster than that
> extension can action ...

I narrowed the issue down to the Auto Tab Discard extension, which seems to
misbehave with Firefox 106.
If it is enabled, then tabs that are not in focus will unload after a few
minutes, despite its configuration saying do so after 20 minutes.

Now looking for similar extensions that unload tabs after a while ...