[kwlug-disc] To WIFI or not to WIFI

Jason Eckert jason.eckert at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 20:22:48 EDT 2022

>>Jason,
>>If that experiment you mentioned was through some source of expertise,
>>can you ask them what converts non-ionizing radiation to something that is
>>measurable via a dosimeter?

Radiation dosimeters only measure ionizing radiation. The key thing to
remember is that nearly all devices that emit radio wireless in the safe
part of the EM spectrum - even those with a low current - still create a
small amount of ionizing radiation (usually very small, and insignificant).
If you are curious, I'd recommend spending $15 and perform the experiment I
outlined. My guess is that you'll likely have results that are very
comparable to mine, and as an added bonus, a cool party trick too! :-)