[kwlug-disc] Attendance

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Oct 7 14:33:21 EDT 2022

On Thu, Oct 06, 2022 at 09:12:52PM -0400, William Park via kwlug-disc wrote:

> 5.  Let's pick popular app, say LibreOffice.  Let's go through its features,
> and create videos.  Different people have different need.  Eg. I have
> frequent need (almost daily) to draw red box/circle/arrow on image, and send
> it to people via Outlook or Teams.  I do it using SnagIt on Windows.  How do
> I do this on Linux?
>
> 6. Gimp is another.  Eg. How do I trim edges, like scissor?  My eyes hurt
> reading manual.

Having posted my previous response: I think walkthroughs of popular
software is a fine idea. The tension is that one could look up a lot
of things on Stack Exchange or Youtube, so the value KWLUG can offer
here is more limited. But I think demos of software (eg the LMMS
presentation, or demos of graphic software) work well.

- Paul

--
Election: https://waterlooregionvotes.org
Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org