[kwlug-disc] Attendance

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu Oct 6 18:19:46 EDT 2022

On Wed, Oct 05, 2022 at 09:42:06PM -0400, Chris Irwin via kwlug-disc
wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 05, 2022 at 09:19:59AM -0400, Paul Nijjar via
> > kwlug-disc wrote:
> > > For another you can convince yourself that you can just look at
> > > the video if you skip the meeting.
>

> Purely from a time commitment point of view, an article or youtube
> series is going to be more useful, as I can scrub through for the
> relevant parts, skip the backstory, and it's not artificially
> limited to fit a time slot.

> Once you lose the ability to kind of blurt out a related question,
> or chat on the side with other people, you're really in a tough
> place competing with "on demand" media.

I agree with this. However, there have been a few virtual KWLUG
meetings where the chat was lively. People asked lots of questions and
traded witty repart�e. My guess is that it was sometimes confusing for
the presenter, but it did make for an event that felt more "live".
(Good Twitch streams sometimes get there too, which is one reason
Twitch works as a platform.)

- Paul

--
Election: https://waterlooregionvotes.org