[kwlug-disc] Attendance

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Oct 4 20:44:42 EDT 2022

I'm not blaming anybody in particular, and I feel bad if people feel
pressured to attend when they don't want to. I suspect one person
unsubscribed because of this.

I have noticed that our attendance is dropping. I was expecting
significantly more people for Doug's presentation last month, for
example. I think partially people are tired of virtual meetings, and
partially we have not been doing a good job of publicizing the group,
and partially people are not finding the topics compelling. But I am
also not sure what to do about these things. I guess I will log into
Microsoft LinkedIn and put meeting announcements there, but I do not
know how much more I am personally willing to commit.

At the same time, people work hard to put these presentations
together, and low attendance especially  stings when we have
first-time presenters or guest speakers who are foreign to the group.

- Paul