[kwlug-disc] a present for the older guys here...

Mark Steffen mark at steffen.ca
Wed Nov 30 19:55:11 EST 2022

That’s generally how it was in Europe also. In Canada and the US generally it was flat rate for local though carriers paid each other settlement fees for calls between their networks (recipient gets $) and some CLECs including some well known local ones figured out creative ways to game that for profit when things opened up competitively.

Sent from my iPhone