[kwlug-disc] Cyber Monday ...

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 19:35:04 EST 2022

I see your point, am fortunate though, being the head honcho, no one comes
to speak at me:-)

It is a subject that I hope others who are in the thick of administering to
data servers, nvr servers and the like, would be able to point out
fallacies in my reasoning, marketing-speak aside.

In my world, many of the legacy NAS units still in service that record nvr
multi-cam streams are running 5200rpm HGST drives in Raid5/HotSpare and
being slower, they run cooler and use less juice. We never let and of the
NAS drives spin when not being accessed, they are always spinning.

No failures yet(knock on wood) and no one(or the NVR apps) have complained
about the quality of the NVR recordings.

Thanks,

Ron S.