[kwlug-disc] The Fediverse is complicated

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Nov 23 11:21:56 EST 2022

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 10:56 AM Chris Craig <kwlug.org at ciotog.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Nov 2022 at 09:32, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:
>
>> Personally, I have no interest in re-joining social media of any kind
>> after going cold Turkey
>> six or more years ago.
>>

> I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but KWLUG is social media :D

It is, but the social media I quit is basically where family, friends and
acquaintances are,
with a timeline posting everything from live events, lame jokes, cat
pictures, conspiracy
theories, political propaganda, rants of all sorts, misinformation,
disinformation, and so on ...

KWLUG's content is more narrow than all of the above, and the volume is low
enough not
to be too distracting.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin