[kwlug-disc] array of SSDs - what to consider

John Sellens jsellens at syonex.com
Tue Nov 22 17:56:57 EST 2022

I'm a big big fan of ZFS, but I have no idea if ZFS is available (and
reliable) on ARM systems.  If I was in your situation, I would be willing
to switch to an x86_64 platform just for the sake of ZFS.

I find dealing with mdadm+lvm+filesystem far more annoying than ZFS.
I understand your point about the unix philosophy - and one tool per
task - and I usually feel the same way.  But for me, ZFS wins over the
alternatives.

Hope that's useful input!

John