[kwlug-disc] Riding the Mastodon?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Nov 21 14:50:47 EST 2022

Quoting Gary Walsh via kwlug-disc (kwlug-disc at kwlug.org):

> For those looking for an instance to join, I have created a list of
> Canadian Mastodon servers, current as of yesterday.

Having servers in many national jurisdictions has obvious advantages to
everyone.  I very nearly opted for icedtux.no, on a nod to ethnic origin
and with an eye to liking their greater distance from my country's laws
and economic interests.  And I considered one in En-Zed, where I also
have many friends, and why not?  It's not like this is online gaming and
one is worried about ping times.

--
Cheers,                        "NOLI TIMERE MESSOREM"
Rick Moen                      -- motto on Sir Terry Pratchett's coat of arms
rick at linuxmafia.com
McQ! (4x80)