[kwlug-disc] The Fediverse is complicated

Doug Moen doug at moens.org
Mon Nov 21 14:34:43 EST 2022

It depends on scale, and whether the instance has open signup and attracts many thousands of users.

Hypothetically, if we were talking about a small invite only server that was just for, say, KWLUG members, then I think any problems that arose with bad content could be handled by the use of standard admin tools for deleting posts and blocking bad instances.

If a third party has a problem with a post on social.kwlug.org, they will contact the admin first for resolution. A lawsuit is a last resort. I can't imagine a judge finding an admin guilty of an offense if the admin is given no opportunity to delete the bad post.

Doug.