[kwlug-disc] The Fediverse is complicated

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Nov 21 03:56:28 EST 2022

Quoting Paul Nijjar via kwlug-disc (kwlug-disc at kwlug.org):

> Or at least, running a Fediverse node in the USA is:
> https://denise.dreamwidth.org/91757.html
>
> I kind of wish somebody would put together a corresponding guide for
> Canada, and I kind of don't want to know.

When my friend Evan Prodromou in Montreal suggested (on Mastodon) now
being a good time to establish new Mastodon instances, Darcy Kasselman
invited posting of a (similar) guide to Canadian legal/regulatory
pitfalls, here:
https://mastodon.social/@flyingsquirrel/109376933952404540

I haven't seen a substantive response yet, but am pointing out the
thread in case one is posted (or someone here can help).

Denise's partially USA-centric rundown is quite thorough.
If people want a one-stop guide to Mastodon's main quirks and folkways,
I'm told one can start here:
https://mastodon.social/@flyingsquirrel/109376933952404540

--
Cheers,                 "First rule of Linux admin:  If you're not awake enough
Rick Moen               to spell sudo, you're not allowed to use sudo."