[kwlug-disc] Riding the Mastodon?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Nov 20 23:07:29 EST 2022

Quoting jekerr at sdf.org (jekerr at sdf.org):

> Hello everyone
> I have rejoined mastodon
> @johneddiekerr at mastodon.social
>
> Trust in Musk? nope.

ITYM "Space Karen", or "Apartheid Clyde", or "Melon Tusk".  (The third &
most polite moniker predominates on Mastodon.)

> Why not post your handle here?

Rick Moen (@unixmercenary at infosec.exchange)
-- newcomer in these virtual parts, having mostly lurked here, on
recommendation of my friend Lorne who runs BC Linux User Group.

I'm an untrustworthy foreigner, having grown up in British Hong Kong
and several other places (son of an airline pilot), ending up in my
native California.  I try to keep track of LUGs (well, at least the ones
active in languages I speak), because I'm maintainer of the User
Group HOWTO for Linux Documentation Project, and also a bunch of LUG
information categories at curlie.org
(https://curlie.org/en/Computers/Software/Operating_Systems/Linux/User_Groups),
spiritual successor to dmoz.org .

Of possible international interest:  all known virtual-type meetings
of anglophone LUGs, maintained by another LUG leader and me for Bay Area
Linux User Group in San Francisco:  balug.org/covid  (redirects to a
BALUG wiki page).

--
Cheers,                   "Every bit of complexity you add is a failure point."
Rick Moen                                                -- Adam Savage
rick at linuxmafia.com
McQ! (4x80)