[kwlug-disc] Promoting on Twitter, for the moment I guess

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sun Nov 13 19:12:34 EST 2022

It is running Drupal 9. Apparently there is an alpha-quality
ActivityPub plugin here: https://www.drupal.org/project/activitypub/
I might experiment with it on a demo site, but it looks quite
complicated. (We do not want accounts per user, for example.) If we
could lock things down then this might be a possibility, but it feels
as if this could increase the attack surface of the site considerably.

It would be much nicer if we could just republish the KWLUG RSS feeds
as Fediverse posts. For Mastodon there is some Python project called
feed2toot, but the Mastodon character limit might be a factor here.

There is also a more generic ActivityPub RSS server here:
https://www.drupal.org/project/activitypub/ . It is written in Node,
which means figuring out how to hook up Node.js to a web server. (This
sounds like it will involve babysitting.)

- Paul