[kwlug-disc] Trust in Musk.. or go to NextCloud

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 13:53:10 EST 2022

I do think that you're on to something there, Eva, with community-based
fact checking.  But the problems that you'd have to overcome are
immeasurable.  Bottom line, I think, is that corrupt people will still find
some way to game the system.  For example, if we were able to have
everything cross-referenced again Wikipedia (I'm over-simplifying here)
then who's to say that a bunch of right-wing nutballs won't overload
Wikipedia with their "facts"?  That's just one thought off of the top of my
head.

But yes, some form of community based fact checking would be great.  But
only if we can get it to work right.