[kwlug-disc] Trust in Musk.. or go to NextCloud

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Fri Nov 11 13:40:19 EST 2022

On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 01:31:24PM -0500, Eva B wrote:
> Hmmmm....
> I wonder if key words could trigger an encyclopedic database, something
> like wikipedia, not just for reference of community driven information, but
> to show leanings based on the content of the post. Maybe with AI.

An encyclopdeia is still an authority, and while it would be useful
from the sender's perspective ("Hi! I'm clippy, and I noticed you're
sending something that is counter-documented in the latest wikipedia.
Do you have sources?  Are you sure?   Yes/No") it doesn't help from
the reader's perspective, who may be looking for answers to questions
that currenly have no official answers.

I.e. Galileo would not have been helped by old twitter fact checking.

- Chris