[kwlug-disc] Trust in Musk.. or go to NextCloud

Jonathan Poole jpoole at digitaljedi.ca
Fri Nov 11 13:34:56 EST 2022

Something has always stuck in my head.  If the service you use is free. You are the product.

All these social media ‘things’. All try the Facebook model.  Getting a user base is hard. But once you have a user base you can figure out the money thing.

Meta has just in my mind had a feel good usage when it first came out. Connecting with old friends and family.  Now it’s a breeding ground of miss information. Political and just the total opposite of what it set out to do.  Now it’s just infected with capitalism.

Sent from my iPhone