[kwlug-disc] Trust in Musk.. or go to NextCloud

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Thu Nov 3 01:39:19 EDT 2022

Nextcloud uses the ActivityPub protocol, compatible with many other
services: GNUsocial, Mastodon and Pleroma for microblogging, Friendica
and Hubzilla for long-form social media, PeerTube for video sharing,
PixelFed for photo sharing, and others.

All the microblogging and long-form social media clients and services
are compatible. I regularly receive Friendica and Hubzilla messages on
my GNUsocial and Mastodon accounts.

It should be possible to use any of the clients to get messages from any
of the services, f'rinstance, getting messages from PeerTube on your
GNUsocial account. I haven't done this (yet).

--Bob, who is @bobjonkman at gs.jonkman.ca and @bobjonkman at mastodon.sdf.org