[kwlug-disc] From Slackware to which distro?

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 23:32:07 EDT 2022

Mint Xfce, Firefox is a DEB package, not Snap, fast.
Mint UpdateManager gives you very granular control over what updates you
want and makes it easy to hold back troublesome updates. UpdateManager also
gives you a very friendly way to use a few non-LTS kernels in case the need
arises.

Mint Xfce is very thing, fast, clean. Some of the mirrors can be
troublesome, like today, UW's CSCLUB mirror was off the air for a while,
bloody surprising, but there it is. The main repo has never failed me since
I started using it in 2016.

Mint 21(based on Ubu 22.04) should be dropping by late June I would think,
but the current 20.x version is supported till 2025, so there is that.

Thanks,

Ron S.