[kwlug-disc] Firefox blasphemy: time to switch to Blink rendering engine?

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Tue Mar 8 01:38:05 EST 2022

I mostly agree with Paul.  If we were going to go down the road
of a single engine for all, then we should take after the Linux
kernel model.  i.e. a browser kernel, like we have an OS kernel.

The early advantage of the Linux kernel was that we had one smart guy
at the helm that most people trusted.

Google is not that guy.  Neither is Mozilla.  We don't have that guy
in the browser space.

So we're left with competition, and we have far too little of it
as it is.

- Chris