[kwlug-disc] Has anyone want to try out Mozilla Hubs?

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Mon Mar 7 22:04:49 EST 2022

Andrew Cant wrote on 2022-03-01 17:14:

> The link came across one of my feeds and it looks kind of
> interesting.
>
> https://hubs.mozilla.com/
>
> Has anyone looked at it?

I just had a peek at it during end of the online meeting discussion.

I just don't know what to think...

I was expecting some sort of VPN, or XMPP chat, or a NextCloud
integrated something-or-other.

I did *not* expect a VR-looking ... something.

Honestly, what the ...?

> I also wonder if playing around with this
> together might actually be a good future meeting topic?
I may be interesting in poking at it with you at a convenient time, but
I don't foresee much of value there.

And *what* is Mozilla doing developing these things, I just don't
understand.

Like a leaky, rudderless ship adrift in a storm, they're doubling down
on their square dancing skills.

rb