[kwlug-disc] Older PC not booting Linux ...

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Wed Jun 29 09:37:39 EDT 2022

> Do you math.  I had to get a new machine (the one I'm using now),
> because I couldn't afford the power consumption of the old one.

I have an antic phenom box. Besides a desktop and a home 4 disk of zfs
in raidz-1, besides obvious part it is a local additional heating for
me. Bigger and quieter fans help even injection of it into the air.

However, having a crypto-farming box for heating doesn't fit my money
math and risk envelope.