[kwlug-disc] Older PC not booting Linux ...

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 00:17:11 EDT 2022

2 other things to try, not having any apparent bearing on the issue at
hand, but worth a try --

- in the BIOS, do a "power-on defaults", using F9 and reboot
- clear the CMOS battery(likely a CR2032/RV2032 lithium battery on the
mobo), there should be a 2-pin jumper near it, but if not, remove the
battery and short out the 2 batt socket connectors for about 10 seconds(be
sure to have the PSU unplugged from the mobo!)

Thanks,

Ron S.