[kwlug-disc] Older PC not booting Linux ...

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 19:46:09 EDT 2022

SInce that CPU was a current back in 2010-2012, I would wager that the
20.04/22.04 LTS versions will not work with this older mobo. I had success
in a similar situation by loading Ubu 16.04 and then doing a dist upgrade
to 18.04 with the kernel being held back. I haven't tried upgrading that PC
to 20.04 yet.

Try Xubu 16.04 and see how you fare, unless you've done so already?

Thanks,

Ron S.