[kwlug-disc] Modern way of doing Lex/Yacc

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Thu Jun 23 11:39:44 EDT 2022

On 2022-06-23 08:17, Doug Moen wrote:
> But what are your specific requirements? You mention TCL and Lua, then you say "But, these bring their own baggages." So what is the baggage that you want to avoid? What is the specific problem with Lua?

I used Tcl in one company, to add Tk GUI to existing C-code.  Tcl feels
  nice at first.  Familiar command line style, and "everything is
string" was okay.  But, it was slow, and debugging was hell.  I want to
avoid it, if possible.  For Lua, I don't need mapping, for example,
their main selling point.

I mean, reading this sensor that sensor (like thermostat), writing to
this cell that cell (like spreadsheet) don't require that much.  Then
again, Excel macro used to be simple interpreter.

> There are some programmable configuration languages that are similar to JSON, except that they extend JSON with "conditional, loop, function". An example is Jsonnet: https://jsonnet.org/
> Is this the kind of thing you are looking for?

I'll look into it.  Thanks.