[kwlug-disc] Matrix clients

Hubert Chathi hubert at uhoreg.ca
Sun Jun 19 03:51:35 EDT 2022

On Fri, 17 Jun 2022 22:21:50 -0400, CrankyOldBugger <crankyoldbugger at gmail.com> said:

> This was in my news feed this evening, a list of the "best" Matrix
> clients for those of you who like to follow the white rabbit... or was
> that a different Matrix?

> https://itsfoss.com/best-matrix-clients/

It's a bit of a strange list.  They include Rocket.Chat, even though it
isn't a Matrix client.  Rocket.Chat has been working on bridging with
Matrix, but I'm not aware of any plans for being able to use their
front-end to connect directly to a Matrix server, so calling it a Matrix
client is quite a stretch, IMHO.

They also omitted Nheko, which is quite a good client, and would
definitely be on my list of top Matrix clients to try out.

Hubert