[kwlug-disc] Google with TOTP

Bob B bob at softscape.ca
Tue Jun 14 17:08:00 EDT 2022

Khalid,

I only scanned through the thread so I might have missed mention of this, but would you consider using an app password for the specific clients that are unable to do MFA?

As a result of reading this stuff, I went into my goggle account and removed the 2FA associated with phone numbers* and noticed that I have app passwords for some google services where I use clients incapable of MFA.

I'm sorry if this was mentioned and I missed it, but just wanted to put that out there.

(The other)Bob.

* Cellular/SIM based numbers but I also my VoIP #'s. I can't help wondering if this is an untapped target for hijacks?