[kwlug-disc] Making RPM from directory tree?

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Sat Jun 11 18:11:53 EDT 2022

To RPM guys,

I have a directory tree, created from "make install DESTDIR=...".  Now,
I want to make RPM package from the tree.  Online docs are too verbose
and confusing.
	1. Is there GUI app with appropriate forms to fill in?
	2. Is there command line utility?  In Slackware, it's just "makepkg".

Background:

I use "netpipes" a lot.  Debian and Slackware have it, but Redhat
variants don't.  I can use netcat and pipe (and I do), but there are so
many variations (ie. nc, netcat, ncat), each with different behaviour
and options.  I like to use what I'm familiar with.

So, I downloaded the source (netpipes-4.2), compiled it, and installed
to a directory.  Now what?