[kwlug-disc] Idea, ask for a presentation -- remote desktops

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Fri Jun 10 09:01:38 EDT 2022

The following passage in our list prompts this ask/request for presentation:

> What's the builtin or recommended VNC server/client in XFCE or Xubuntu?
>
> For VNC client, I tried Remmina on Xubuntu 22.04, and I like it. Easy
> as "krdc" on KDE.

I have always had a trouble in setting up machine so that my vnc logging
in would start a new login session on that machine. Simply, following
different howtos I was never able to make it work.

What are the moving parts there to set things correctly?

At this moment I have one machine with its login always on, ubuntu 18,
where "inbuilt" vnc server option is used. Hm-m. Can I make a new user
already with access via vnc? Clone/copy setting of the first user? Even
if this gives some relief, its a hack that might help on this my
machine, and not being useful in setting up remotes.

Bonus request.

Is there a chance to set any GUI environment within LXC and have it
accessible?