[kwlug-disc] From Slackware to which distro?

Doug Moen doug at moens.org
Sun Jun 5 07:51:34 EDT 2022

So far GeckoLinux isn't going well. The install failed, corrupting my SSD.

I imaged a liveCD of GeckoLinux (ROLLING) onto a USB drive. The liveCD itself boots okay and Firefox worked, so I installed it. During the boot, a bunch of Linux kernel error messages flashed up, and now the SSD is unbootable. I didn't use an unusual configuration, just defaults wherever possible, and I chose to overwrite the entire SSD rather than repartition to make it dual boot Fedora (the previous distro) and OpenSUSE. These were supposed to be conservative settings with a high chance of success. Oh well, disappointing. The laptop is a 2020 Lenovo AMD T14.