[kwlug-disc] Vote machines today

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Jun 2 17:15:21 EDT 2022

On Thu, Jun 2, 2022 at 5:05 PM CrankyOldBugger <crankyoldbugger at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I would add the criteria "*Espionage: *Not owned and operated by a
> foreign government (especially the Yanks)"

Add to that "*Disinformation:* a very cost effective way to brainwash
enough of a population to sway elections, or cause various levels of
strife, without needing to have saboteurs or agitators physically present
on the ground, and being wildly successful".

Against that, it seems that society as a whole is pretty much defenseless,
whether the brainwashing is by a foreign government, internal, corporate
influenced, ...etc.