[kwlug-disc] MKS

John Sellens jsellens at syonex.com
Fri Jul 29 22:45:49 EDT 2022

My recollection is that FRED was a reimplementation of QED.

I was thinking JC Winterton(?) wrote it but a page on the web says it
was Peter Fraser and maybe the former did work on the TF text formatter?

FRED and QED allowed you to have mulitple buffers (think files) open,
and you could put editor commands in a buffer and then run the buffer.

Steve Hayman wrote a buffer called "flintstone" which was
installed in the system buffer location, so you could run the
"fred flintstone" command, and do things like
    fred flintstone wife
and it would tell you Wilma, and so on.

It was a simpler time then.

https://www.thinkage.ca/gcos/expl/fred/expl.html